May 22, 2020
Parents and graduating Seniors of Sabinal High School,
Planning for the 2020 Graduation Ceremony scheduled for Friday evening, June 5, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. at Yellowjacket Stadium continues. In accordance with Executive Order GA 21 as the public health situation changes, these guidelines may be modified. Students, parents and community are reminded that updates to guidance from the Texas Education Agency and state officials occur almost daily and will be communicated at a moment’s notice.
At this time the following information can be shared:
- Each family of a graduating senior(s) will receive a total of six (6) tickets. Two (2) field tickets will be allowed for parents to sit with their graduate on the field, four (4) additional tickets will be given for family to sit in their assigned seats the stands. All seating will be marked to reserve their seating per graduate.
- Only persons with a ticket will be allowed to attend the ceremony
- For the sake of safety, all persons attending the ceremony will be required to wear a mask as they enter and exit the facility and during the screening process until they are fully seated for the ceremony
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout various locations of the football stadium
- All persons entering the facility will be medically screened at entrances before entering the facility and will provide the completed medical questionnaire
- Upon picking up tickets and medical screening questionnaire on Wednesday, May 27th from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., graduates will provide a specific ticket list of family guests that will be attending the ceremony.
- Seats will be assigned by a lottery system held on May 26th by the graduation planning committee.
- Gates will open in 15 minute intervals starting at 6:45 p.m. and attendees will be allowed to enter by ticket color and assigned time.
- Social distancing rules and guidelines will be observed and enforced by Sabinal ISD administration and Sabinal PD at all times.
In accordance with Executive Order GA 21, all attendees will be accounted for and have a screening questionnaire filled out and ready to submit upon being allowed into the facility while being screened by personnel checking for fever and other required actions guided by district medical service personnel. To clarify, all attendees will be required to wear masks as they enter the facility through designated entrances; once all are seated, clusters of seated groups may remove their masks for the ceremony but will be required to put them back on as they prepare to exit the facility through the designated exits.
In case of inclement weather, a contingency plan is being devised that could further constrain participation.
Please forward all questions or concerns to the Sabinal High School Office at (830) 988-2475.
Sabinal High School